The small village of Westerton stood to the south east of Broxburn. It had approximately 40 homes spread across three rows. They provided accommodation for the men, and their families, who worked in the nearby shale mines owned by the Youngs Paraffin Light and Mineral Oil Company.
By the late 1950’s/early 1960’s, the houses had all been demolished.
A former resident is currently collating information, historical notes and images which will be shared on this page in due course.