• Broxburn Oil Works

    Broxburn Oil Works

  • West Main Street, Uphall

    West Main Street, Uphall

  • Almondell House

    Almondell House

  • Millers Bridge, Uphall

    Millers Bridge, Uphall

  • The Viaduct, Broxburn

    The Viaduct, Broxburn

  • The Gates, Main Street, Uphall

    The Gates, Main Street, Uphall

  • Viaduct, Broxburn

    Viaduct, Broxburn

  • Looking East along Main Street, Uphall

    Looking East along Main Street, Uphall

  • Main Street, Broxburn

    Main Street, Broxburn

  • Ecclesmachan Road, Uphall

    Ecclesmachan Road, Uphall

  • Almondell Bridge

    Almondell Bridge

  • Main Street, Uphall

    Main Street, Uphall

  • Greendykes Road, Broxburn

    Greendykes Road, Broxburn

  • St Nicholas Church, Uphall

    St Nicholas Church, Uphall

  • Main Street, Broxburn

    Main Street, Broxburn

  • Middleton Hall, Uphall

    Middleton Hall, Uphall

  • Station Road, Broxburn

    Station Road, Broxburn

  • Staff of Uphall Public School

    Staff of Uphall Public School

  • West End, Broxburn

    West End, Broxburn

  • Gala Day at Uphall Public School

    Gala Day at Uphall Public School

  • Station Road, Broxburn

    Station Road, Broxburn

  • Uphall Gala Day Parade - July 1926

    Uphall Gala Day Parade - July 1926

  • Broxburn Academy

    Broxburn Academy

  • Old Mill, Uphall

    Old Mill, Uphall

  • Goschen Place, Broxburn

    Goschen Place, Broxburn

  • Tram on Main Street, Uphall

    Tram on Main Street, Uphall

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26

Uphall South Church

There has been various Church buildings on the present Church site since 1894.  The first building was the Mission Hall which was built for the Free Church.

In 1898, the Mission Hall congregation received full congregational status.  This resulted in the Mission Hall changing status - to that of a Church.

In 1900, the Free Church and the United Presbyterian Churches merged to create the United Free Church.

The present church building was completed in 1926, which at the time cost a whopping £4,808, and provided space for up to 400 parishioners.  At this time the old Mission Hall became the new Church hall (still behind the Church today).

In 1929, the United Free Church and the Church of Scotland merged and the Church became known as Uphall South Parish Church (as it is still called today).

Print Email